A dog was shot and killed by a Crookston police officer after he aggressively charged.
What we know:
- The dog was less than a year old and weighed 50 lbs
- Children had tied up the dog with a chain and a choke collar in front of their property
- The dog got loose and did nothing more than approach a car
- The driver of the vehicle called police
- An officer felt threatened by the dog when he growled, so the officer shot the dog once, then again, and a third time because "the dog was breathing"
- The owner of the dog has a history of dog-related complaints
No word on whether the owner will be charged with anything.