The second shooting is far more disturbing. The dog and her mate lived near a junkyard and had attacked one of the employees there. Police were called. One dog was tranquilized but the other dog proved to be quite aggressive.
So the following happened:
- Dog was shot once, dog backed away from the threat and ran to hide from the officers
- Officers pursued injured mother dog, shooting her once while she lay under a shed.
- When the dog stood up, not aggressing, she was shot a second time, then third time.
- After shooting the dog four times, she officer shot her another two times until he was out of ammunition.
- The dog has now been shot six times.
- The officer shoots the dog four more times.
- At this point, the dog charges officers, trying to escape the shed.
- She crawled to hide underneath a patrol car.
- The officer either drove over the dog or managed to drive away, revealing the dog.
- So she could be shot another three times.
- She finally died.